Friday, December 29, 2017

Turning to Aim at 2018



 
This is the final weekend of the calendar year. 2017 was meant to be (for me) the year of finishing things. Looking back, I've done reasonably well.


In 2018, I will do even better. I currently have at least 6 quilts that have completed tops, but need to be quilted. My goal is to complete them in 2018. I have another 4 tops that are in progress - I intend to finish those as well - if quilting happens on them, I've learned to make more time.  :)


I also have a book to write.
A rug to make.
A series of cross-stitch patterns to figure out.
And whatever else turns up.

So really, this will be the year of Channeling Hawkeye. He's a mortal man, no superpowers (just mechanical alterations made, depending on which version of Hawkeye we're talking about). He's just a normal guy. Who plays with superheroes and supervillains, and keeps up with them.

I will be adding one to the tally of tops to make: the symbol up top - the minimalist Hawkeye look. I will put it on my bed when I am done to remind myself that I'm not super, but I can be mighty.



Maybe that should be a more common goal. Be the mightiest you that you can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment