Tuesday, February 6, 2018

A Beautiful Quilt!!

 
As promised, the back of the quilt top finished this weekend! (Technically, the back of the quilt. It was a quilt-as-you-go). It's not terribly exciting, is it? But when you see the front, hopefully you will be as happy with it as I am!

This morning I woke up with a brain that felt carbonated - fully alive and popping full of ideas. I have a page covered in chicken scratch notes that will hopefully make sense later in the day! I certainly have things to research and look at/for!



We spent a couple of hours in the studio again last night, and good googily moogily did I get some stuff done!
For the second time in my quilting life, I am making someone else's design! (It's exciting, I know). I am making Alison Glass' Cathedral.

But because it's me, I am not doing exactly what they have here. I am not doing a color wheel. Color wheels don't excite me. But I had, in my stash, the PERFECT fabric for this design.

I'd even stashed it away for making a rose window-like quilt someday, and then never gotten around to it. So, I dragged it out and it was indeed, perfect. It gave me the shivers!

One of Robert Hoffman's discontinued fabrics: Florentine. I am thrilled at how it's coming, and I am only half-way done with the applique pieces. I cannot wait to see the whole top come together. I can't stop staring at it.  :)

As soon as I get it done, I will post pics, of course - even if everything isn't appliqued down yet! (Hopefully I will finish the applique bits tonight, because I wanna see it all!!

I've also thought about doing this in Iron Man colors and calling it Holy Arc Reactor.  :) Just because I can! Because I am a geek at heart (I'm sure that's a great shock!)

Tonight, then, is working on Cathedral and planning more patterns!




No comments:

Post a Comment