Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Cathedral of Quilting


Yesterday I posted about Alison Glass' pattern Cathedral. So far I am AMAZED by this pattern. As I mentioned, I don't usually do other people's patterns, and when I do, I make changes. I've done that with Cathedral, but only a little.

This is one of those quilts that I believe is all about fabric choice.


Here is my fabric, all cut out and laid out. To me it does look like a cathedral rose window. The pieces are just laid out right now, on a dark gray. I think I am going to go with a true black instead - it should make those pieces pop even more.

I wasn't too sure about this one initially. I've been hoarding the fabric for a while, and was looking for "just the right quilt." By the time I was halfway through cutting out, I was glad I had, and impressed. When I laid out the entire thing on my table, I was floored.

People talk about things so beautiful that they make you cry - this darned near did, and it's just laid out roughly! I may well be sobbing all the way through the quilting process!!

I've sized the blocks for the next quilt top - the Ruby Anniversary Quilt, and should be picking fabric soon! *ahhhhhhhhh* I will be trying it as a quilt-as-you-go so I can do it all on my own without fighting my machine during quilting. And I can see progress. If I do a block a day for oh... 49 days... I will be done! *thud*


No comments:

Post a Comment