Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Clipper Ship



This is the next not-particularly geeky quilt we are working on: Clipper Ship.


The piecing is a very basic ship pattern. The quilting design itself is of a clipper ship flying before a storm with all sails out. It will provide a nice contrast between the piecing and the quilting. Once again, I have managed to hand myself a hand quilting project. I am not sure why I do this to myself.  :)

But the overall effect will hopefully be a good one. If it works, it will be the first in a series of 'ghost quilted' quilts. I have SO many ideas for this kind of quilting. Maybe too many. But we shall see.

There will be, if I get to everything, a folk art quilt (I have the pieced part done already), and a good many others.

I almost want to make a list of all the quilt plans I have, but it's a little scary.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment