Friday, May 26, 2017

Depression, anxiety and quilting


This month has been overwhelming, to say the least. I have accomplished nothing in the way of ACTUAL quilting.

In my group of friends (and maybe others, I don't know), we talk about brain weasels - those pesky little things that crawl in and make holes in your brain and whisper all the nasty things about you. They are infernal, and hard to overcome sometimes.

So I have decided that I will put those suckers in a quilt. I have an extremely rough draft, but here we go.  The brain, appliqued, with all the folds and whatnots quilted in the a shade darker. Then, in clear thread (or maybe glow in the dark, since the weasels are harder to fight off in the dark), weasels quilted. So far I have only two sketches, but they will ideally be crawling over the brain, surrounding it, maybe gnawing on it. The border will have weasels slinking along. Because that's how it feels sometimes - I am surrounded by all the things from my past that I regret (even those that normally I forget about until the weasels dig them up), and I can't escape.

That's the most I can do right now. But I will take it. Maybe this will nail the little suckers down and keep them out of MY brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment