Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Drowning in Quilts.... and loving it


I did not realize how prolific a quilter I've become (relatively speaking - there are always people who make more!)

I've only been quilting in earnest about 7 years. Before that, I had made all of one quilt. But I have amassed about 30 quilts of all sizes, from 20"x40" to 120"x120". That's not half bad!

A gorgeous knitted beekeeper's quiltlet
The next one on the list is going to take me a while. Like, forever. It's a Beekeeper's Quilt - which is usually done in knit or crochet. I cannot do either with any consistency, so I decided I would do it in fabric - hooray! Because I am just that crazy, apparently.

The Beekeeper's Quilt is made of little stuffed hexes, called hexi-puffs. I made a test one, and like the way it looks in fabric. So, away we go!

The goal is to make a truly scrap quilt - to purchase NO fabric for this. We have plenty of scraps in the studio, so it shouldn't be a problem. I've sorted through one box for scraps so far, with another box of printed scraps and a box of solids to go through still.

It's August now, so I am sneaking up slowly on my year of quilting. It's done well so far, and if I keep making progress like this, I may continue it next year! I have managed to piece 7 quilts so far. My goal was 8, so I am almost there! For quilting, the goal was 5, and I have managed 3 so far.

Piecing:
1. Hawkeye Minimalist - Done
2. The View from Godzilla's Mouth - Done
3. AQ - Done
4. Mermaid Scales - Done
5. Aztec Sunrise - Done
6. Cathedral - Done
7. Anniversary Quilt - now an XMas quilt - in progress
8. Fiestaware - DONE
9. Beekeeper's Quilt - this will take forever.

Quilting:
1. AQ - DONE!!!!! still need to get pics.
2. View from Godzilla's Mouth - DONE!!!
3. Mermaid Scales - DONE!!!!
4. Crazy Diamonds - on the list and on the frame!
5. Fiestaware - on the list
6. Cathedral - in progress


On other fronts...
Writing took a hit, but it does sometimes. My ego is recovering and I will dive back into it pretty quickly here soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment