Monday, January 22, 2018

State of the Studio Address (aka How're Projects Going?)



I am going to try to do a SoSA (State of the Studio Address) once a month, just for a little catch-up, for those who have missed me.

So, for this SoSA...

1. I've decided to try to piece 8 quilt tops this year.  As of now, I have 2 done.  The View From Godzilla's Mouth top and the Hawkeye Minimalist Logo top are both done. The color on the pic isn't QUITE right... it's more purple than that. Still need to get a good camera! But that puts me a quarter of the way through my quilt tops for the year. From here on out they get WAY more complicated/time-consuming.


2. I am going to try to quilt 5 quilts this year. We shall  see. As of now, I have 0 done. Clipper Ship is pinned and prepped, just have to do it. The View from Godzilla's Mouth shouldn't take too long. We shall see. The Hawkeye Minimalist Logo will take a while, because it wound up bigger than I'd first planned, and the template is a little small. But it will be amazing when it's done, so there's that.
After that... I'll have two more to do. Right now those two are Crazy Diamonds and maybe Ninja. We'll see on that last one. I would say Ballet Folklorico, but that one is pretty much quilt as you go, so....


3. If I don't get them all done, I will not be that hard on myself. This is supposed to be fun! (Oh, and this is just MY quilts. This doesn't count quilts for other people. That's a whole other list.  :) )


4. I will start posting tutorials and free patterns. Because I have plans, and it's time to get working on them.


This past weekend we spent the day in the studio - working on quilts and other projects. I re-did my directions for headscarves - more on that later. I also tried a new purse pattern. It worked, but it was... ugly. So... back to the drawing board on that! I think there was a piece that I didn't consider, so I will attack it again once I've taken another look at the paper version.

Yeah, I start with paper versions of bags. It works as a rough draft for me, and lets me see how things need to go together. Usually. *shrug*

It was a wonderful Sunday in the studio. It was a nice day, partly cloudy and warm-ish. Then we had rain. Then we had hail. Then it was partly cloudy again. Oh, Texas.... *sigh* It's like a dog that's just not smart enough to discipline - you try, but it doesn't get what the problem is. (Please note, I love animals, and by discipline I am NOT talking injuring of any sort). On the other hand, there was a tornado in East Texas, so we missed that part of the crazy!

Shay






No comments:

Post a Comment