Friday, December 21, 2018

Solstice - Starting a new year!


Happy Solstice!

Quilts are falling into my head like the snow that doesn't hit Texas very often. So many quilts. It's like a quilt-alanche inside my skull. Nice and warm, so I am okay with it.  :)

I did not meet my goals - but not for lack of trying. I came up 1 short on the piecing for the last year. But all things considered, I will not ding myself for that!


Piecing:
1. Hawkeye Minimalist - Done
2. The View from Godzilla's Mouth - Done
3. AQ - Done
4. Mermaid Scales - Done
5. Aztec Sunrise - Done
6. Cathedral - Done
7. Fiestaware - DONE
8.  NOT DONE.

 Quilting:
1. AQ - DONE!!!!! 
2. View from Godzilla's Mouth - DONE!!!
3. Mermaid Scales - DONE!!!!
4. Cathedral - DONE!!!
5. Clipper Ship - DONE!!!

Now comes the planning for the next year. Currently, I will shoot for another 5 quilted and try to hit my goal of 8 pieced. (if I manage to get both done this time, I will raise the numbers... maybe).

Piecing:
1. Uffington Horse
2. Blues
3. Squid
4. Chupacabra
5. Mandala
6.  War Quilt
7. Across
8. Girl Dreams

Quilting:
1. Fiestaware
2. Hawkeye Minimalist
3. Crazy Diamonds
4. Door to Moria
5. hopefully one of the above from piecing!!

The quilting part of the list will be the toughie! Two of these are full on pictures, like Clipper Ship was, but they are (or will be) on full-sized quilts (as in the bed size full size). Fiestaware also has a picture to be quilted into it. I... should get started, shouldn't I??

I also want to play with conductive thread and fabric in the coming year. It seems so far away right now... I have 365 days to play with everything. But if I break it down (which is probably a bad idea), each quilt to be quilted could only take 73 days.  Each piecing project can be no more than 45 days - sounds like a lot of time... but it isn't really.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment