Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Slow times, Getting better

I know, I haven't posted for a while, and I feel a little guilty.

I seem to have lost my mojo for a little while.

But it came back.

I am working on 2 quilts right now. (Well, one is actually a table runner, but it's a cathedral window table runner, so I am going to count it).

I am also working on a story. (Woohoo!)

I am also working on not panicking.

Yeah. I hit therapy. So far I have been diagnosed as high functioning autistic with social anxiety, depression, and generalized anxiety disorder. And now we're touching on things that my therapist considers traumatic, and I am still working on classifying.

She said that she worried about my quilting at first, that I was using it as a way to avoid my issues. However, she has changed her mind since she saw my quilting sketchbook. Now she realizes that it is (and always has been) a way of working through the things in my mind, wrapped in geeky themes and quilted down.

Maybe that's what I need to do. Stitch each worry to a piece of fabric and then stitch all of that to a backing of muslin, quilt it down, and then hang it outside in the weather. Like people of old, I could use sympathetic magic - as the quilt breaks down and the pieces start to degrade, so will the worries and the concerns. Maybe even just write the worries on fabric with a Sharpie and then stitch them down. Treat them like prayer flags in reverse - let the world take them, let them soar out into the sky where some greater good will envelope them and devour them. Let them go to the sky.

And take photos. Lots of photos.

Maybe I can balance that with some of the better things in life, and send those out in balance to the bad.





No comments:

Post a Comment