Tuesday, April 24, 2018

The Last Phoenix

Today is a random quilt idea kind of day.

I have a quilt planned - not just the idea, but the whole shebang. The quilt, the colors, the design to quilt into it - everything. Even down to the very fabric I want to use, which is unusual for me. I need to track down some Moda Grunge, which shouldn't be terribly difficult, in grey couture. The other colors will come from my stash.


It will be called The Last Phoenix. The feather will be reds, yellows, and oranges, maybe over-painted with a glow-in-the-dark wash. Quilting will be done in gray or black. There will be quilting all over the piece, not just as shown. I'm just lazy, and this is the first sketch.

It will have to wait, but right now it really wants to be made. It's a good thing I don't have any of the grunge fabric, or I might just make it now!

Shay




No comments:

Post a Comment