Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Randomness, Part Whatever


Yes, the last post was not quilting related. So be it! This quilty blog will also on occasion have a bit of writing, since that's my other passion!

Feel free to skip any entry flagged as writing related, unless it is also quilty.

I am in the process of trying to pimp out a novel to agents, so.... *wheeee*

Ain't it cute?

So what do these two things, writing and quilting, have to do with each other?

Shockingly, a lot.

When I am designing a quilt (because I am bad at doing other people's patterns), I try to tell a story in the design. There must be more than just color and pattern. There must be a plot. A story. The fabric pieces are the words I use and the design is the plot. The quilting pattern is the character(s). Together, they create a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment