Monday, August 28, 2017

Wet Weekend



We are well north of Houston - 4 hours' drive, which in Texas is an easier way of measuring distance. No flooding here, just rain. Nothing dreadful. A good day to hang out in the studio and make things - which is exactly what we did.

I made headbands. I wear them almost daily - it seems to help with my anxiety to have a tight wrap around my head. I was wearing knit hats, but they are kinda warm in the summer here! So I switched to elasticized headbands (It also makes people ask fewer questions about am I cold in summer)!


Llama fabric! Poor beat up styro-head.
At least she gets a nice headband.
 
This weekend (mostly on Sunday), I made headbands. Eight of them. And pulled fabric for another three. They are addictive, I can tell you that!!

They are so easy! If I am not careful, I will soon have one for every day of the month! (of course, I made two Halloween fabric ones, so those will have to wait to be worn - at least to work. On weekends, I will wear the heck of them!

This started because I found some headbands that I like and bought them, and then did the thing that everyone who crafts HATES to hear. I thought "I can do that!" I didn't say it out loud, though. In fact, I waited for a while to even say it in the safety of my home.

But it got said, and I started looking around for a tutorial. I found a couple, didn't like any of them, and decided I would do it my way - this is why I am the Indiana Jones of crafters. I tend to make it up as I go. 😺

I wound up with something I like. Some are pleated, some are a bit more scrunchy, and they are all made with fabric from the stash. The backs are shorter than the ones I bought, which makes them tighter - for me, always a good thing.

I am considering an online quilters' guild - half guild, half social group. No limits on the type of quilter, no limits on age. I don't know, though. It would be nice to have other people who don't judge based on age, gender, style, etc. (yes, I have had bad experiences with guilds, why do you ask??). I think I would call it the Indiana Jones Quilt Guild (IJQG for short). We could have a patchwork fedora for a logo and a braided whip of more fabric. Hmm....

S


No comments:

Post a Comment