Thursday, August 24, 2017

And yet more ideas!


Welcome to the Deco series... currently numbering two. A third is in the works.... Here we have Deco Sunrise and Deco Eclipse. Deco Noon and Deco Sunset are in planning stages... just a matter of finding the correct fabric.

Neither is giant - or even big. They are maybe 20 x 10. I think I like Sunrise better, but we shall see when they are all done.


On other fronts, it's been a productive month so far. We've made 20 Christmas stockings, with the aim of selling them at work. If they don't, we'll donate them somewhere.

I'm working on several stories, and trying to get Black Widow's quilt done. After I've worked my way through the Avengers, where do I go? Star Wars? Star Trek? I don't know, and it's probably still too early to think about (hah!) since I've only finished two and am working on a third. (Oh, and I am only doing the MCU canon characters - oooh, I need to do a Phil Coulson quilt and a Nick Fury quilt! If I were doing comic-verses, I'd be making quilts FOREVER. Something like 100+ characters have been Avengers). Oh, and now my brain wants to make a Squirrel Girl quilt. I... might... just have to? Maybe?

Other than that, I have several more ideas, two related to the eclipse, wriggle their way into my head. If I could just win the lottery, I'd have more time for making quilts! (and buying fabric for them!)

I am beginning to see a connection between my writing and my quilting. Both are done because they are stories that need to be told, because they run rampant inside my head until I get them on paper/in a computer file or get plans made. Each one is a learning experience in precision and using exactly the word or the stitch I need.

So I may just plan out a quilt for one of my stories. Just to see what it would be. To see how iconic the characters are, to see if I can boil a character down into a quilt (ewww).

S

No comments:

Post a Comment