Friday, February 16, 2018

Getting closer!


And by getting closer, I mean on two quilts!

Here is last night in the studio. It's blurry because I was giggling. The photo is called Dueling Quilts.

You can just see the roomie's hands - she is working on her quilt - which is SO close to being done. When it's done and such, I will get to post the pics of my super-secret quilt top.

And in the lower half of the photo, you can see what I am working on: Cathedral. It's almost done being appliqued, and I have figured out what I am going to do for the quilting. I am waiting on black batting to come in, and I can add it to my list of tops to be quilted! (Excitement! Joy!)

I had a bit of a low period in there - I suspect it shows in my posts. We went to the doctor and got my meds updated,
so hopefully that will help things out and get me back in productive mode.

And this is Cathedral. I will finish the applique up tonight and get a pic of it hanging on the temporary hanging rod. I am so very pleased with it so far! I know I have a way to go, but looking at it makes me happy. It looks almost exactly like I wanted it to, and the quilting will only add to that!

Like most people, I am harder on myself than on others. I feel like I should be better, thinner, stronger, smarter, blah blah blah. This quilt... I only see minor things, and they don't bother me that much. I am falling in love with this quilt.

It seems like most of the quilts I have made recently have black backgrounds. The next ones won't. I know that much already.


And just for fun, a pic of my absolutely adorable cat. She's part Maine Coon, part whatever, and all energy and spunk.



No comments:

Post a Comment