Friday, February 23, 2018

Another ALMOST done!




What's up today? Last night I almost finished another top. I say almost because I pieced the applique part, but did not get the front of the quilt pieced. That will hopefully happen tonight. I just got impatient last night and wanted to see what it all looked like pieced together.  :) The back color will actually be a deep blue. Right now, this is Hawkeye being helpful. 

I'm oddly impressed by this - the number of yellows and browns in this doesn't show up quite as well as I'd hoped in this photo, but you get the idea. It's very angular and pointy, even though it's squared off.

I considered angling each of the blunt ends, but didn't bother. I like it like it is.

I've even got the quilting design figured out!

I want to echo not just the sun motif, but the whole Aztec-ish feel to it. I hope the combination of pointy and round works out - I think it will. I will probably do the quilting in a contrasting color so it shows. Since there will be room outside of this design most likely, I will echo the circles and carry it out to the edges of the quilt.

I can't wait to see this one done! (Yeah, yeah, I know. Means I need to get on it!).

After this one is attached to the dark blue (which MIGHT happen tonight), I will be working hardcore on the Anniversary quilt.

And I should be able to post pics of the super-secret quilt that I have hinted at...!

In other news, I wrote the beginning of a story. Just the opening sentence really. But that one sentence opened up a whole vista of possibilities. So we shall see if it goes anywhere. Maybe I will try this as a short story, and peddle it to a magazine.

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment