Monday, February 26, 2018

Unveiling!


Good Monday morning!


I promised a pic of the super secret quilt top as soon as I could! Now that the quilt the roomie made is delivered, I can post the pics of my version!

Behold! Mermaid scales!

Each scale is individual, and can be flipped up.

The roomie made a dragon scale quilt that is... considerably... bigger and rainbow colored - they look completely different, but the pattern is the same!

It is a quilt-as-you go project, and works up with surprising speed! The roomie came up with the idea, and the pattern, and we worked the shape and furthered the idea together. It lends itself to mermaids, fish, dragons, scale mail armor, and a variety of other things. We are in the process of finalizing the pattern so we can get a beta-tester.

My mermaid scales have under them little stitched on texts: things like "Hey, that tickles!" and "Hands off!" and "Watch it! I'm naked under my scales!" Just because I can.  :)

Anyone interested in being a beta-tester?

S

1 comment: